About Great Rivers Behavioral Health
Beginning April 1, 2016 Great Rivers Behavioral Health became the fiscal agent for publicly-funded mental health and substance use disorder treatment in Cowlitz, Grays Harbor, Lewis, Pacific, and Wahkiakum counties.
To develop and provide access to high quality, whole person care.
For many years in Washington state publicly-funded mental health and substance use treatment benefits have been administered by different agencies. Beginning April 1, 2016 these benefits were combined and are now administered by new agencies called Behavioral Health Organizations (BHOs).
- These previously named Regional Support Networks became BHOs.
- The BHOs oversee and fund treatment for mental health and substance use disorders for individuals with Medicaid insurance.
Cowlitz, Grays Harbor, Lewis, Pacific, and Wahkiakum counties belong to Great Rivers Behavioral Health Organization. We hope to improve the overall well-being in these counties by addressing the behavioral health needs of their communities.
Great Rivers is committed to these goals:
- Assure access to all residents within Great Rivers' communities to 24-hour/7-days-a-week coverage of crisis services.
- Assure timely access to medically-necessary behavioral health services.
- Foster coordination of behavioral health services with other county and community services.
- Create a regional system of care to expand access to specialized behavioral health services.